Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
Phone: (479) 521-5801
[Opens a new window/tab]
Full time $36,331 - $54,496 a year
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to respond to emergency and non-emergency ambulance calls, Provide emergency medical services to the community and non-emergency transport for inter-facility transfers.
In addition to responding to calls, the position is also required to comply with the current treatment protocols, complete all documentation related to patient care and maintain required licensures and certifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patient care and documentation. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
- Vehicle operation. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
- Equipment operation. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
- Station maintenance. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
- Public relations. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
- Inter-agency relations. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 7 to 11 months related experience and/or training, and 1 to 6 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Funds, Property & Equipment Responsibility: $ 50,000
Supervises 1 non-supervisory employee(s). Departments supervised by this position include none. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.