Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
[Opens a new window/tab]
- Attends emergency medical requests as they arise, and renders advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured patients as required.
- Performs initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedure.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol, and procedure.
- Provides direct paramedical and comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case. · Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of lower level techs and/or students, as specifically assigned.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
- Completes and transfers patient care information and records as per established procedures.
- Conduct alcohol and urine drug screening for new hires and employees as directed and needed. Procedures for these must be in accordance with federal law and established procedures.
- TB skin testing, flu injections, Hep B vaccinations depending on licensing State Statues.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Coordinate hearing conservation program as required.
- Track and file Hazard Assessments as required.
- Assist with OSHA Recordkeeping (300 Log).
- Certification as a Paramedic.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- 12 months experience in job-related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures.
- Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques, and information needed to treat injuries.
- Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency care.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey information to supervisors, peers, and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance.
- Demonstrated ability use judgment and perform critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and control equipment or systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Clinic Environment
- Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program