Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
[Opens a new window/tab]
As a member of the Emergency Medical Services Team, the Paramedic (EMT-P) provides direct and indirect patient care through the protocols set by Wyoming Medical Center and the State of Wyoming Emergency Medical Services Department and is accountable for and provides care within set standards of practice. The Paramedic maintains certification and inter-hospital skills by participating in continuing education, practical skills testing, and the recertification process set by the State of Wyoming EMS Department and Wyoming Medical Center. The Paramedic provides and is accountable for optimal patient care within the standards of practice.
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Responds to emergencies and requests for assistance within the hospital and surrounding buildings and structures when available.
- Operates ambulance.
- Promotes positive relationships and a professional image for the department with outlying agencies, other hospital departments and personnel, medical staff, patients, and the public.
- Responds to ambulance dispatches as assigned.
- Answers to Charge Paramedic, Manager, and/or Director.
- Cleans ambulance and garage.
- Documents ambulance tickets and charges.
- Assists in Emergency Room as able,
- Performs light housekeeping,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or better.
- Technical/other training or better.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and six months job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- EMT - Paramedic
- Driver's License
- Basic Life Support
- Adv Cardiac Life Support
Peds Adv Life Support
Wyoming Medical Center
Wyoming Medical Center seeks to transform the lives of those we serve by fostering the highest level of health and wellness in our community and across our region and state. To fulfill our vision, WMC will provide an inclusionary environment that: Provides Wyoming’s premier healthcare services and the best patient experience tailored to individual need using innovation. Embraces the whole person and their family through the lifecycle of healthcare, including partnering with community and regional providers. Creates a culture of pride that attends to the health and wellness of our staff. Promotes teamwork and instills a culture of pride that allows staff to reach their potential. And, fosters innovation.
- (307) 577-7201