Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
Eagle Air Med
1 week ago
6 days ago
Paramedic Flight Paramedic
[Opens a new window/tab]
- Safety is our number one priority! Maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Delivers patient care within the scope of practice.
- Provide basic and advanced patient care prior to and during transport.
- Provide safe, compassionate and efficient patient care.
- Able to safely operate in confined spaces, unpredictable situations and stressful environments.
- Must be well educated in concepts of Threat and Error Management, Just Culture and Air Medical Resource Management.
- Respond to FW aircraft to provide safe and efficient lift-off, inter-facility and on- scene times.
- Acquire and maintain extensive working knowledge of Patient Care Guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Maintain strong evidence-based knowledge in clinical practice including emergency stabilization, critical care and transport medicine.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all NAAMTA, CAMTS, State and local regulations.
- Operate in a team-oriented environment with autonomy.
- Select and prepare special equipment for transport according to patient needs.
- Responsible for performing daily bag, equipment and aircraft checks.
- After transfer of patient is complete, restock flight bags and aircraft. Equipment must be cleaned and maintained and activation ready.
- Complete electronic patient care record documentation in a timely manner.
- Participate in a robust Quality Management Program.
- Maintains educational compliance at all times.
- Compile necessary documents/data to be transported with the patient.
- Must be reliably available as scheduled.
- Maintains healthy work/rest/life balance.
- Compliance with drug/alcohol free workplace policy.
- Make recommendations for safety improvement, quality improvement, job satisfaction and overall service improvement.
- Attend monthly staff meetings when on duty or as requested. Participation in staff meetings when off-duty is strongly encouraged.
- Carry a cell phone or pager, while on duty, to be activated for flights.
- Attend all scheduled flight team meetings, safety stand-downs, mandatory education and training as required.
- Participate in teaching and training of new employees.
- Participate in public education programs and public relations functions.
Other duties as assigned and required by the Base Manager, Medical Department Chief and/or Program Director.
- 3 years recent critical care experience
- Current ACLS, PALS, and BLS certifications
- Advanced trauma course certification(s)
- Possess Hawaii EMTP/MICT license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and maintain a duty weight of less than 225 lbs. fully geared
- Advanced paramedic certification (ie, FP-C or CCP-C) within one year of hire
- Flight experience