Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
[Opens a new window/tab]
APPLICANTS MUST HOLD:
- A current EMT-B National Registry Certification OR Current Idaho EMT-B Certification is the minimum certification to apply.
- Current EMT-A and EMT-P are encouraged to apply as well.
- Proof of current EMT-B certification is required from the state you are licensed in if applying from out of state.
- Prior to hiring – offered candidate must be able to gain reciprocity with the Idaho EMTB Certification.
- IFSAC FF-I, or an equivalent certification. If the candidate holds and equivalent certification, it will be their responsibility to provide substantiating documentation for consideration by the Nampa Fire Department. The decision on whether to accept the certification will be at the discretion of the Nampa Fire Department. The Fire Chief’s determination shall be final.
APPLICANT REQUIRED EXPIERENCE:
- Applicant must have - 3 years as a career full time paid Firefighter EMT-B with a Municipal fire department. (1-year of full-time military firefighter experience with in the last 5 years can be counted towards this minimum requirement.) OR
- Applicant successfully completed and graduated from the Treasure Valley Fire Academy in the last 4 years.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of the principles and practices of fire science including fire prevention, inspection, and investigation services and programs, and modern fire suppression techniques and delivery methods; Knowledge of effective systems approach to fire protection, emergency medical services, and disaster management and coordination; Knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, equipment, and apparatuses used in firefighting, rescue, and various other emergency responses;
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to learn the overall duties and responsibilities of the position. Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks and the ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology. Ability to deal with a wide range of persons and communicate effectively both orally and in writing using both technical and non-technical language. Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions, use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions, and prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations. Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines. Integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.