Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
[Opens a new window/tab]
EMT BLS I administers life support care and transportation to patients in pre-hospital, intra-facility and inter-facility settings as authorized and directed by the Manager of Ground Transport and Ambassador Services and Operational Medical Director. Performs care appropriate to the patient population served, within scope of practice, and meeting daily routine patient care needs.
- 0-2 years as a certified EMT-Basic
- Previous pre-hospital EMS or transport experience
- Virginia EMT certification
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR.
- VAVRS or VDFP EVOC. Must recertify every 5 years.
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, and 700.
- PHTLS within the first year of employment.
- AMLS within the first year of employment.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness required within the first year of employment.
National Registry EMT preferred