Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
[Opens a new window/tab]
As a member of the Emergency Medical Services Team, the EMT-I (Intermediate) provides direct and indirect patient care through the protocols set by Wyoming Medical Center and the State of Wyoming Emergency Medical Services Department and is accountable for and provides care within the set standards of practice. The EMT-I maintains certification of pre-hospital and inter-hospital skills by participating in continuing education, practical skills testing and the re-certification process as set by the State of Wyoming EMS Department and Wyoming Medical Center.
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Responds to emergencies and requests for assistance within the hospital and surrounding buildings and structures when available.
- Operates ambulance.
- Promotes positive relationships and a professional image for the department with outlying agencies, other hospital departments, personnel, medical staff, patients, and the public.
- Maintains documentation per policy and standards.
- Utilizes chain of command to communicate concerns, i.e., Charge Medic first, then Emergency Room physician on duty.
- Checks and cleans ambulances, and helps clean garages and medic areas.
- Reports Ambulance-related incidents or accidents to Charge Medic and Manager and/or Director when related to Ambulance business and complies with requirements for occurrence reporting.
- Assists in Emergency Room as able.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Technical/other training or better.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with at least three months of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses & Certifications Required
- Driver's License
- Adv Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- EMT - Intermediate
Wyoming Medical Center
Wyoming Medical Center seeks to transform the lives of those we serve by fostering the highest level of health and wellness in our community and across our region and state. To fulfill our vision, WMC will provide an inclusionary environment that: Provides Wyoming’s premier healthcare services and the best patient experience tailored to individual need using innovation. Embraces the whole person and their family through the lifecycle of healthcare, including partnering with community and regional providers. Creates a culture of pride that attends to the health and wellness of our staff. Promotes teamwork and instills a culture of pride that allows staff to reach their potential. And, fosters innovation.
- (307) 577-7201