Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
[Opens a new window/tab]
Responsible for performing emergency medical treatment, communication, and transport to the Medical Center. The EMT-Basic is an entry-level basic life support professional, who is capable of functioning independently at the basic life support level but is still focused on gaining knowledge and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses and treats ill and injured patients in accordance with local and University Protocols.
- Maintains safety as a primary role throughout all aspects of care and transportation.
- Identifies potential areas for improved care.
- Interfaces effectively with peers and customers and assume responsibility for the professional development of self and others per department policy.
- Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
- Experience: None
- License/Certification: Certified as a Health Emergency Medical Technician in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Valid Virginia Driver’s License (VADL) required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. EVOC certification and be a released driver to transport patients required within 90 days of hire.