Find Your Ideal Job at EMTjobs.com
[Opens a new window/tab]
As a member of the EMS team, the EMT-B provides direct and indirect patient care through protocols set by Wyoming Medical Center EMS Department and is accountable for and provides care within set standards of practice. The EMT-B maintains certifications and interdepartmental skills by participating in the continuing education, practical skills testing and the re-certification process set by the state of Wyoming and Wyoming Medical Center.
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Operates ambulance.
- Performs ambulance cleaning and inspection.
- Performs light housekeeping.
- Responds to patient call lights.
- Performs application of splints.
- Performs environmental safety checks.
- Reads and utilizes communications materials.
- Assists gastric lavage.
- Performs suction.
- Provides evaluation of outcome.
- Assists with intervention and action.
- Assists with hypo- or hyperthermia response.
- Performs application of restraints or alternatives to restraint in compliance with policy.
- Performs and assists with patient transfers.
- Provides burn care for first and second degree burns.
- Assists with C-spine immobilization.
- Assists with dressing changes and wound care.
- Performs oxygen administration.
- Provide basic life support.
- Assists nursing, paramedic, and physician personnel as needed.
- Maintains a record of monthly procedures and activities.
- Performs Automated Electronic Defibrillation (AED).
- Performs ambulance maintenance.
- Maintain rigs and supplies in a constant state of readiness.
- Documents patient intake and output Follows aseptic technique.
- Complies with Do No Resuscitate (DNR) orders and relevant policies.
- Complies with occurrence reporting guidelines and responsibilities.
- Maintains regulatory standards for quality assurance, e.g. The Joint Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), etc.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications Required
- Driver's License
- Basic Life Support
Wyoming Medical Center
Wyoming Medical Center seeks to transform the lives of those we serve by fostering the highest level of health and wellness in our community and across our region and state. To fulfill our vision, WMC will provide an inclusionary environment that: Provides Wyoming’s premier healthcare services and the best patient experience tailored to individual need using innovation. Embraces the whole person and their family through the lifecycle of healthcare, including partnering with community and regional providers. Creates a culture of pride that attends to the health and wellness of our staff. Promotes teamwork and instills a culture of pride that allows staff to reach their potential. And, fosters innovation.
- (307) 577-7201